ogrinfo PG:"user=postgres password=postgres dbname=mdm6data host=mxsig-db port=5432" tutoiral.states_ugl_imported -summary

(your timing is good as the tutorial was recently updated for MapServer 8 )

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
GatewayGeo: Developers of MS4W, MapServer Consulting and Training
co-founder of FOSS4G
http://gatewaygeo.com/

On 2023-04-29 4:12 p.m., Jeremy JK wrote:
Hola

OK so I am going through the MapServer tutorial
Example 1-3 to be exact
the one with the classes
using classes to split layer polygon into land and water

when shp and dbf file is in filesystem it works fine
But
When I import shp file into postgres I get the following error

After checking the error logs, my question is how do I get a class column? Do I have to insert the dbf file into schema? If so, how?
Thanks

*Error*:
msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named 'states_poly'. msPostGISLayerWhichShapes(): Query error. Error executing query. Check server logs