Hello everyone!

I have just joined your mailing list because I encountered problem that I
can't solve. I think that I am missing something simple. Maybe you could
help me ?

I am writing my Thesis using MapServer, communicating with MS4W via URL in
CGI mode,  sending via URL some parameters:

http://localhost:90/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?mode=itemnquery&map=/ms4w/apps/hello/map4.map&mapext=470500.0+722000.0+474500.0+726000.0&qlayer=drogiInne&qitem=NAZWACZ2&qstring=('[NAZWACZ2]'
ne '')

When I send this link via internet browser, results are returned. (when I
change mode to 'map' I also get a proper map file).

In my thesis, I need to communicate to MapServer via Java, from Tomcat
Servlet, and here is a deal. When I pass exactly the same link and try to
connect with MapServer from Java App (NetBeans IDE) I get a response:

msQueryByAttributes(): Search returned no results. No matching record(s) found.

I am really confused now, and really have no idea what should I do now. Am I
missing something ? Is it impossible to send queries this way ?

I would be very gladfull for yours sugestions.

Have a nice day/night

Maciej Marczewski
Student
Gdansk University of Technology
Poland
  • [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] CGI Mode... SUBSCRIBE MAPSERVER-USERS Maciej Marczewski