Hi,

> On Mar 8, 2018, at 1:16 PM, Sergei Golubchik <s...@mariadb.org> wrote:
>> I am setting up the codebase for MariaDB on my system to understand the
>> codebase and solve some issues. But I am facing a problem which I am not
>> able to solve when I run "make" command.
>>
>> Error log: https://pastebin.com/u5fAhMHX
>> OS: MacOS 10.13.3
>> Python version: 2.7.14
>>
>> Please let me know how can I set up so that I can run and test the changes.
>
> A simple workaround would be to build without tokudb:
>
>  cmake -DPLUGIN_TOKUDB=NO
>
> alternatively, try to see where exactly xz is trying to install yourself
> and why it fails.

I encountered this too, the reason for the failure is that none of the helper
scripts in storage/tokudb/PerconaFT/xz/src/build_lzma/build-aux/ are set as
executable, including install-sh.

Pasting the relevant lines from plain ./configure && make install in xz's
source:
--
test -z "/usr/local/include" || ../../../build-aux/install-sh -c -d
"/usr/local/include"

Also the reason why this doesn't happen for other setups is most likely having
gnu's coreutils from Homebrew or otherwise installed, in which case xz's
configure defaults to using ginstall(1) instead of fallback install-sh wrapper.

Can I get some pointers as to whether it is best to try and fix in xz tarball,
PerconaFT upstream or workaround in cmake config?

Best regards,
Shinnok