Hi, Justin!

On Apr 21, Justin Swanhart wrote:

> It is in fact, negatively scaleable without partitioning it:
> http://www.percona.com/blog/2009/11/16/table_cache-negative-scalability/

This doesn't directly apply to MariaDB. We didn't partition it
because our table definition cache is lock-free. There were quite a few
related changes in 10.0 (e.g. see MDEV-7292 and linked issues). In
short, we didn't partition it, because it doesn't need to be
partitioned. Not for this benchmark workload, at least.

Regards,
Sergei