Hi Sergei, that would be great as well and i was actually looking to emulate
off switch using threshold so sure, optimizer switch seems to make more sense.
I'm just looking for any way of disabling this optimization without
recompiling the server if possible.    Thanks,   Slawomir Dnia 16 sierpnia 2019
17:14 Sergei Golubchik <s...@mariadb.org> napisał(a):  Hi, Slawomir!   On
Aug 13, pslawek83 wrote:  Hi Guys, is in_predicate_conversion_th going to be
re-enabled for  release builds in some next mariadb release? If I make pull
request,  will you take it?     Basically for everyone not aware about the
issue, this forced IN-predicate to subquery conversion is  de-generating some
simple queries so badly that they start to take  couple of hours instead of
seconds, and there is currently no way of  fixing these queries nor to turn
this conversion off.  Thanks,  Slawomir.   Perhaps instead of
in_predicate_conversion_thresh we'd better add  an optimizer switch to
disable this optimization?   I've commented in  jira.mariadb.org
jira.mariadb.org   Regards,  Sergei  VP of MariaDB Server Engineering  and
secur...@mariadb.org