Welcome Andreas!
It's really good to have people that have proper background in artwork.

There is something already you may want to look into! Sorry in advance
if I dump too much information, too soon..

When you boot with a GNOME LiveCD, the very first screen shows a "Boot
splash" image, such as
http://planet.hellug.gr/misc/elliniko-gnome-final.PNG
http://project77.info/gnomelive/

Now, how the first screen appears is quite important for first
impressions in a marketing way, so the boot splash should look good.

My suggestion would be to have a different boot splash for every release
of the GNOME Live CD (happens every six months, next is around
September). So, for each LiveCD release a new boot splash, one that will
be similar across different languages (French, German, etc) of the
LiveCD.

To create such an image, see
http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/LiveCDCustomizationHowTo
and specifically the section "Customizing the bootsplash". In that
section there is a reference to an .SVGfile
(http://planet.hellug.gr/misc/gnome-greek-logo.svg)
which can be edited with programs like InkScape. This file has been used
for a few LiveCDs already.

Therefore, around September there will be a need for a new super
fabulous boot splash.

I am not sure if anyone wants to recommend working for a new boot splash
for potential new LiveCDs based on Ubuntu 5.04.

Simos

Στις 03/Ιούν/2005, ημέρα Παρασκευή και ώρα 19:09,
ο/η Andreas Nilsson
έγραψε: