I think this is a problem that will have to be solved with all the distros
in a room. Unless we come up with a solution that is so elegant end-users
just use it.

Saying we shouldn't do an installer because each distro is different, is
ignoring a user problem. apt-get and yum are beyond the average user that I
think we are trying to target ... (If we ever want more than 10% market
share, we can't count apt-get and yum as solutions. We also can't live in a
world where you have to use multiple installers. Last time I installed
something on Ubuntu, I used their installer and then got sent to synaptic.)

Stormy