On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 6:35 AM, Daniel Baeyens <daniel.baey...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 9:59 AM, Daniel Baeyens
> <daniel.baey...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 4:04 AM, Jason D. Clinton <m...@jasonclinton.com>
> wrote:
> >> I want to go through a trial production of one "GNOME 3 in 30 Seconds"
> video
> >> during the hackfest
> >> <http://live.gnome.org/GnomeMarketing/Gnome3In30Seconds>. This seems
> like an
> >> attainable goal. The outcome could be something we end up using or we
> could
> >> merely learn from the experience and plan for filming at a later date.
> >> I am bringing a small, compact digital camera that can record 1080i
> video
> >> and an advanced stereo mic. Both could be affixed to tripods but for
> obvious
> >> logistical reasons, I don't want to try to bring those across the
> Atlantic.
> >> At the bare minimum, we need a tripod and boom pole or two tripods (one
> >> would be held like a boom).
> >
> > I can lend a tripod for this. I live quite near the place where the
> > hackfest will take place, so that's easy :)
> > It's not a professional one, an it has "some" years ;-) but probably
> > it's better than nothing

Excellent! Thank you!

> >> It would also be nice to have a well-lit, stage-like environment in
> which to
> >> film. It would also be nice to have a green screen (but I have one that
> >> could bring if we can't find one locally).
> >> If anyone local knows whether you have these things or know of how we
> might
> >> arrange them, please let the list know.
> >
> > About the boom pole, and the green screen, I do not own any, but there
> > is a public office which lends A/V stuff for associations. Maybe they
> > have one, and I could ask in behalf of GNOME Hispano.
> >
> > If not, I know there is a company not quite far (1 or 2 miles) from
> > the hackfest which rents a professional studio. I know that probably
> > you want to minimize the costs, but anyway I can ask about some
> > prices. They also "rent" technical people for lighting and all the
> > rest
> >
> > Waiting for comments... but I will do some calls meanwhile
>
> This is just a partial report.
>
> I have called to the local public office which lends A/V supplies, and
> they have told me that this was too much for them, they have less
> resources (I had to ask, anyway :P).
>
> Also, I have called to the professional stage and they told me that
> they will send me a small quote. Nothing too accurate, just for a
> quick estimation of expenses.
>
> Then, I remembered that the City Council owns a good place where they
> can record audio albums but also video documentaries (mainly). I've
> called them and they could lend us the boom pole, but not the mic
> (anyway, as far as I've understood you, you will take it).

Yes, I have a Sony D50 which I am bringing which has a traditional tripod
mount so that should work excellently.

> They didn't
> have a green screen available, but gave me a phone number of a small
> company who owns one. Also, there is another place in the city where I
> will ask
>
> But, if possible (as mostly all the people is asking), could you tell
> me the required size of the green screen? Looking at the wiki, I
> estimate like 2x2 meter or something like that. Is it right? Do you
> think that it would be ok if it's smaller?

Honestly, I'm not entirely sure since this is not something that I have
tried before. My impression is that the larger, the better but 2x2M should
be sufficient. The reason a larger screen is better is that one wants to try
to avoid casting any shadows on the screen when standing in front of it.
That generally means standing quite a bit in front of it. I'm going to go
ahead and bring my green screen so don't worry about it. I am about to catch
my plane to Madrid.

Please do keep us posted on a stage/lighting situation, though!

Thank you!