How about I combine the 'overviews' from 2010/2011 for each team (which are
really just each years quarterly reports combined together themselves), and
send them off to each group asking for updates/fixes/additions/etc, and
then publish each of them. That way we ensure we have at least short status
reports from each main group in GNOME. (This is basically what I did with
the accessibility/a11y report.)

As for the combination, that absolutely makes sense, should I/we contact
GNOME.Asia & GUADEC now re: how we're going to publish this or wait a while
longer?  If we're going to include their respective brochures for this
year, do we still want/need their sections in the international events
section? Or do we want to include the brochures along side/within that
section?

Emily

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 6:37 PM, Karen Sandler <ka...@gnome.org> wrote:

> On Mon, February 27, 2012 5:00 pm, Brian Cameron wrote:
> >
> > On 02/27/12 03:50 PM, Dave Neary wrote:
> >> IMHO, it's better not to have "homework" articles - if a team
> >> doesn't have anything compelling to write about, they shouldn't
> >> be in the report.
> >
> > +1
> >
> > Though it is pretty sad if any GNOME team has nothing to report of
> > anything done in the past 2 years, considering that's when GNOME 3
> > released.
> >
> > But we definitely should not be wasting our time waiting around
> > for teams that cannot get their act together.
>
> Actually, everyone's busy, so I think it often helps to put something
> together from materials they've written already and then see if it can be
> updated and improved by the team! Annual reports should be good to read,
> but they also need a comprehensive overview of what our organization has
> been up to in the period, even if there are teams that are not excited
> about writing stuff up.
>
> karen
>
> --

Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power
and magic in it. -  Goethe

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind. - Dr.Seuss

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts
can be counted. - Albert Einstein