Hello all and hello Stallman,

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 8:02 PM, Richard Stallman <r...@gnu.org> wrote:

>     If it is going to be sold via Amazon, GNOME might want to look into
>     the Amazon non-profit affiliates program.
>
> Please don't encourage anyone to buy from Amazon.  See
> stallman.org/amazon.html for the many bad things that Amazon does --
> to independent book stores, publishers, authors, its workers,
> and its customers.

I was wondering if you have to encouraging anyone to buy a book about GNOME
from anywhere, and not just Amazon.
There are so many people that work without a profit, why you should promote
something "sell-able" only?

I was hopping GNOME to have its own free book. We are in 2013, everything
is online for free (at least in Free Software)
and everything changes so fast, which a book will become obsolete in around
1 month.

No need to mention that many people don't have money to buy it. Should we
pay for knowledge?

Nothing offensive to book author, just a thought.

- alex