From: Ivet Petrova <ivet.petr...@shapeblue.com>
Sent: Friday, March 17, 2023 3:53:06 PM
To: marketing@cloudstack.apache.org <marketing@cloudstack.apache.org>
Cc: dev <d...@cloudstack.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [DRAFT][ANNOUNCEMENT][4.18] Pleased to announce Apache CloudStack
4.18

LGTM, all links are working.

Kind regards,

On 17 Mar 2023, at 11:45, Daan Hoogland
<d...@apache.org<mailto:d...@apache.org>> wrote:

Marketeers,

Please have a read through the following announcement and point me to any
errors or omissions that need to be dealt with. Hopefully we can send this out
on monday.

NOTA BENE: the packages will be in place by than, but are not yet.

<draft>

Apache CloudStack 4.18.0.0 LTS Release

The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® CloudStack® v4.18.

Apache CloudStack 4.18.0.0 is a 4.18 LTS release with 300+ new features,
improvements, and bug fixes since 4.17, including 19 major new features. Some
of the highlights include:

- Edge Zones

- Autoscaling

- Managed User Data

- Two-Factor Authentication Framework

- Support for Time-based OTP (TOTP) Authenticator

- Volume Encryption

- SDN Integration – Tungsten Fabric

- Ceph Multi Monitor Support

- API-Driven Console Access

- Console Access Security Improvements

- New Global settings UI

- Configurable MTU for VR

- Adaptative Affinity Groups

- Custom DNS Servers for Networks

- Improved Guest OS Support Framework

- Support for Enterprise Linux 9

- Networker Backup Plugin for KVM Hypervisor

- Custom Quota Tariffs

- Secure VNC for KVM

Documentation

The full list of new features can be found in the project release notes at
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/4.18.0.0/releasenotes/changes.html

The CloudStack documentation includes upgrade instructions from previous
versions of Apache CloudStack, and can be found at:
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/4.18.0.0/upgrading/index.html

The official installation, administration and API documentation for each of the
releases are available on our documentation page:
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/

Downloads

The official source code for the 4.18.0.0 release can be downloaded from our
downloads page: http://cloudstack.apache.org/downloads.html

In addition to the official source code release, individual contributors have
also made convenience binaries available on the Apache CloudStack download
page, and can be found at: https://download.cloudstack.org/ubuntu/dists/

https://download.cloudstack.org/centos/7/

https://download.cloudstack.org/centos/8/

https://download.cloudstack.org/suse/15