On Fri, 2010-10-15 at 19:06 -0400, Marc Paré wrote:
> Le 2010-10-15 17:07, Jean Hollis Weber a écrit :
> > On Fri, 2010-10-15 at 11:20 -0700, Jon Hamkins wrote:
> >> I have added a North America section to the Events wiki.  I plan to
> >> attend the Southern California Linux Expo, so I can man a LibO booth
> >> there.  I'm willing to sign us up, do legwork, etc. but I have no access
> >> to materials or funding.  I'll contact them and see if they charge for a
> >> booth.
> >
> > Several of us had a booth at SCALE several years ago, on behalf of the
> > OpenDocument Fellowship. There was no charge for the booth for groups
> > like ours. Ryan Singer was there, along with J David Eisenberg and
> > several other people. I don't know if David is on any of the LibO lists,
> > but Ryan or I can ping him if you don't know him.
> >
> > SCALE is in early February, I believe. So if we get some materials (e.g.
> > handouts, posters) together for Linux.conf.au in late January, they may
> > be good for your use too. As for costs of e.g. printing handouts and
> > posters, there are always ways...
> >
> > For display at the booth, I can get to you copies of any LibO user
> > guides that are finished by the end of the year, paid for by the
> > publisher.
> >
> > --Jean
> >

> Hi Jean:
>
> Could you add this to the events calendar? Even if there is no
> representative, it will show that the N.Americans are planning to attend.
>
> We should fill the calendar with all pertinent dates so that we could plan.
>
> I know, Canada, but partners in marketing with the US.
>
> Marc
> Canada

Hi Marc,

I posted this to the end of a different thread by mistake earlier - so
good excuse to correct that:

Well as it happens the SCALE organizers specifically invited LibreOffice
to the event and will again supply a booth. An acceptance email has been
sent - so it's time to start planning the show.

The dates are Feb. 25-27, 2011.

The call for papers is currently underway [1]

A few folks have said they will be there and are willing to help in the
booth, Joyce and I will fly out to attend.

I had kind of hoped to push this email to the new mailing list as a
silly jester to open it..*smile*..but as they say, the best made plans.

Drew

[1] https://www.socallinuxexpo.org/simple_cfp/