On Nov 8, 2010, at 3:57 PM, Marc Paré wrote:
> Le 2010-11-08 15:45, Benjamin Horst a écrit :
>> On Nov 8, 2010, at 3:37 PM, Marc Paré wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Sophie, would this be something that you would post on our blog? Could
>>> be just a small block item in the left or right hand column. Then, people
>>> who drop by to read the blogs could also end up on our Facebook?
>>>
>>> Would this make sense?
>>
>> It makes great sense--but we can make it automatic! Facebook offers widgets
>> that you embed, and which will integrate a fan page and site very easily.
>> Ultimately, we should integrate it on our homepage, I think.
>>
>> This one needs to appear on the page to which it refers:
>> http://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/plugins/like-box
>>
>> This one can appear on any page:
>> http://www.facebook.com/badges/page.php
>
> Makes even more sense if we did it that way. Is there the same for Twitter? I
> thought we had a Twitter account too. Or did I miss something? A Twitter
> would mean more work.

Twitter's closest equivalent is the tweet button:
http://twitter.com/about/resources/tweetbutton

Using it, we can also recommend users follow our official twitter account after
they click the tweet button on the page.

Other potential buttons for the homepage could include a Google Buzz button and
a signup-for-our-mailing-list button. (That last one would be a custom
implementation. :)

-Ben

Benjamin Horst
bho...@mac.com