On Fri, 2010-11-12 at 01:16 +0100, Bernhard Dippold wrote:
> Drew Jensen schrieb:
> > On Thu, 2010-11-11 at 20:53 +0100, Volker Merschmann wrote:
> >> Somewhat nice idea, but may I remind you to obey the branding rules:
> >> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding
> >
> > sure - that is part of why I placed it up here - do you think it fails?
> >
> > How could I make it pass - or you just want to see draft 2 and see if it
> > is closer?
> >
> ... wrong font (Didn't you mention you used the SVG source of the logo?)
Yup that is it, it is directly from the logo.

> ... wrong aspect ratio (probably related to the point above)
This is the problem - I didn't take the time to qualify the ratio, just
pulled it out for a basic layout pass.

> ... bold "Office" part
hmm - yes noticed that, I think the svg file is out of date on
that..isn't it? I figured the one I was using form the wiki currently
was, so didn't really sweat it yet.

> ... dark background

Yes - it is, but surely we aren't going to pass on all dark backgrounds-
I can use the white out logo but it really doesn't come across as well,
IMO in a big way - still I can put one together and put it up to compare
against. I also have a second background that might work for the event,
it has a better local tie, but the Statue of Liberty (even the iconic
tourist novelty rendition) is a very powerful image for the USA.

Also, I faux lightened the background with a transparency overlay - but
that is a terrible solution I think, so for a next pass would play a bit
with lightning the background image a bit and lose the added layer.

> Please have a look at the "Guidelines and Best Practices" areas on the
> wiki page:

I have, and will again. I sure appreciate everyones feed back or if
anyone has some great tip to give given the subject (dark background)
matter I'm really open to hearing it.

> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding#Guidelines_and_Best_Practices_2
>
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding#Guidelines_and_Best_Practices_3
>
> As these rules are not carved in stone, they might be adjusted if
> reasonable / necessary.

later then,

Drew