Just a note re: this short discussion from the discuss mailist. We may want to list this some where on the LO site once we are organised.

Marc

====================

Le 2010-11-24 08:58, Friedrich Strohmaier a écrit :
> Hi Marc, *,
>
> Marc Paré schrieb:
>> Le 2010-11-23 19:20, Bernhard Dippold a écrit :
>
> [...]
>
>>> There is already a team working on a downloadable ISO for a DVD
>>> containing not only the product, but documentation and other
>>> resources too.
>
>>> They started in the Germanophone OOo community as "PrOOo-Box"
>>> (http://www.prooo-box.org) and continue their work for LibreOffice -
>>> starting from the German version, but will work on an international
>>> level too:
>>> http://www.libreofficebox.org/
>
>>> Best regards
>
>>> Bernhard
>
>> Thanks for the link Bernhard. Is this group listed anywhere on the OOo
>> website?
>
> Yes, but only in german NL part:
> http://de.openoffice.org/downloads/download.html?version=3.2.1
> http://de.openoffice.org/downloads/cd.html
>
> may be jump in points for in any manner german capable interested
> people.
>
>> Where do you think that we would list it on our LibreOffice.org site?
>> This is great!
>
> We're alive and have already released a first beta with LibO-beta2 to
> grab here (german, Bittorrent only):
> http://torrent.projects.ooodev.org:6969/torrents/LibreOffice_3.3.0-1_DVD_snapshot-20101112-22.25.13_libreoffice-box_allplatforms_libreofice-box_de.iso.torrent?info_hash=47dd3235a48b67860fe91b44ea7e0b83f925796f
>
> but we need some time to come up with offers for hands willing to help.
>
> We recently changed contents from hand coding to CMS (Silverstripe -
> thanks Christian!), will change the machine soon and move to tdf
> infrastucture and are therefore busy with setting up things.
>
> We'll come back here, but as far as I see, we pretty unlikely will
> succeed to manage releasing an international (english) version of the
> first stable LibO in time.
>

> Gruß/regards

Thanks Friedrich

Could you make an announcement when you are up and running on this list or even better on the marketing mailist? I think it would be interesting for everyone to know about your work.

I will just post this short discussion on the marketing list so that the marketing team can refer to it later.

Thanks again.

Marc
Marketing Team member