Hi Italo,

I feel a need to second your statements ;-)

Am Sonntag, den 21.11.2010, 12:02 +0100 schrieb Italo Vignoli:
> We cannot decide where people will navigate, and which information
> they will access from which web site. Of course, we will cross
> reference the two web sites, but I think that the TDF web site should
> be more like a corporate web site (foundation documents, press
> releases, developers stuff, etcetera) and LibO web site should be the
> product web site (downloads, product backgrounds, etcetera).

Yep.

> Users will navigate according to what they are looking for, most of
> the times through search engines but this does not guarantee that they
> will follow the patterns we decide (actually, they will never follow
> these patterns).

Agreed. And, let's say, that we might not have the chance to develop
such patterns with some non-community users (maybe we do have, but here
we need someone who is experienced with some usability methods like
card-sorting and such stuff). But, I suggested website analytics, so we
can improve the page continuously.

> The web site is not intended to please the people who belong to the
> community, but to attract new people (new community members, and new
> software users) and to communicate with stakeholders (individuals and
> companies/organizations interested in dealing with TDF or covering TDF
> in the press or in a blog).

In general, a "+1" for targeting those "external stakeholders".
Nevertheless, I do also think that we can come up with something that
helps to make a link to the work of the community ... but as you already
mentioned, maybe this is already included in your "new community
members".

Cheers,
Christoph