On Jan 7, 2011, at 12:30 PM, Marc Paré wrote:

> Hi Ben (I'll bottom post on this one)
>
> Le 2011-01-07 11:36, Benjamin Horst a écrit :
>> Thanks, Marc!
>>
>> I'm trying to consolidate the plane and instructions into one single sheet.
>> Though, for a conference it's fine to print one copy of the instructions and
>> many copies of the plane itself. For my next update of the draft, I will add
>> photos to the instruction page to make it clearer how it's done.
>>
>> Reference Cards will also be very useful. Solveig Haugland has long made
>> short how-to documents for OOo and may have some material to help get the
>> reference cards started. Her website is: http://openoffice.blogs.com/
>>
>> -Ben
>>
>> On Jan 7, 2011, at 11:16 AM, Marc Paré wrote:
>>
>>> I have added 2 new items on the ideas page: LibreOffice Desktop Reference
>>> Cards and LibreOffice Paper Airplane. [1]
>>>
>>> Feel free to have a look and to test out the airplanes. Comments are always
>>> appreciated.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>
>>> Marc
>>>
>>> [1]
>>> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Ideas#LibreOffice_Desktop_Reference_Cards
>>>

> Thanks for the link. Solveig looks like a very busy person. Ron Faile has
> started a reference card page and will let us know when he has completed the
> terminology set of words so that we can carry it on over here. [1]
> (discussion)  He has also started a pdf file on it too. [2].

Great!

> Great to hear about the plane. Yes, folding instruction pages should not be
> overused at booths or we could be too wasteful with paper. I was also
> wondering about coloured stock paper (if the people manning the booth had a
> small budget). Would you have any suggestions? Something light and easily
> obtainable from local suppliers -- Staples in N.America ... not sure in
> Europe. We could check to see if they had any regular LibreOffice colour
> stock! Hey, maybe we could create our own name for stock paper! ... OK, maybe
> going too far with this.
>
> Let us know when you have the photos ready. Should I do some for my version?

Ideally, I'll have some good photos soon so we don't have to duplicate our
efforts. But if you want to go ahead today before I get the chance, that's fine
too.

Colored paper could be nice too. We can adjust it seasonally, or for the venue.

-Ben

Benjamin Horst
bho...@mac.com
646-464-2314 (Eastern)