On Sun, 2011-02-13 at 02:19 +0100, Bernhard Dippold wrote:
> > Another factor is cost. Does using green paper stock at the printer
> add
> > to the cost? What do we do about poorly funded marketing teams to
> > minimize costs?
>
> Green paper is nearly impossible, if we want to stay consistent with
> our
> branding colors. You will never get a paper in "our" green tone.
> And if you want to have any other color on it, you will have to add a
> white background to every lighter color.

Hi

Just wanted to jump in on this specific point of, using a colored paper.
I would come at it from a slightly different perspective, one that says
this is a very good way to get a common message across in a highly
disbursed environment. In the case of a community that does already span
the globe I would say we count in that definition :)

What I would add to the idea is that this means offering a good set of
basic marketing materials, in black or Grey Scale. In the case of very
small events, which I propose is the major of the events, where often or
most likely, it is a single person handling all the materials and costs,
then saving them every 'penny' is a serious and reasonable concern.

If you then ask, where possible, use a green paper stock. Give guidance
on a selection, but everyone can see the color of the Logo, and people
will usually try to pick the best choice available to them. OK - so
someone in Japan one weekend and another in Denmark the next use
somewhat different Green. I think it still serves the basic branding.

The cost savings is significant. It is also worth the effort from a
presentation POV to actually produce B/W or Grey scale source files,
rather then having the printer driver convert to Grey scale, IMO.

Just my thoughts.

Thanks

Drew