John,

I'm not with you with this interpretation of the compatibility issues

>> These include compatibility with MS Office XML and 2010 files,
>> Presentation having limited PowerPoint features, and a few others that
>> the article mentions.

the problem is keeping the standards or not.
this is a mission impossible being compatible with closed MS formats, as you
might know well MS doesn't even keep it's own standard bought from ISO

In this point, I suggest we have to show some toughness and we should show up a
bit about MS indolent if not malicious behavior.

Laszlo