Hi Charles,

thanks for the proposal, and sorry for my late reply! Your proposal sounds good to me, nothing to add from my side.

Michael Meeks wrote on 2011-04-19 17.05:
        But - I wonder: I'd imagined this would primarily be a conference
focused on members&  core contributors - so IMHO the CfP should make it
clear that we are not primarily soliciting end-user focused talks, but
talks on how to improve / structure / grow our community, and/or how to
improve / co-ordinate our marketing etc.

Agreed. I think this is what we in fact have discussed before in the SC phone conferences.

        Do we have a papers committee yet to write the CfP etc. ?

We also need a mailing list we can refer people to. I want to avoid setting up another list for the moment -- technically it is no issue, but we then soon run into the we-have-100-mailing-lists-and-post-to-five-in-a-row-to-reach-everyone problem. I propose to use discuss@ and marketing@ for that, and set-up a dedicated list only when needed.

Florian

--
Florian Effenberger <flo...@documentfoundation.org>
Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108