Hi Drew,

drew wrote on 2011-05-04 17.03:

I don't think pushing out an email on announce, once a month, would be
spamming. Then again might be a way to start talking about a monthly
newsletter - marketing sounds like a section name, to me anyhow.

good idea, indeed! I've added this to the agenda at http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/ConfCalls#Agenda

I recall we talked about this before, and I really would love to have some monthly newsletter, podcast, whatever.

Also a suggestion to do the same for all four marketing mailing lists,
Int., PY, ES and US, as a standard matter of practice.

Even if only in English, I don't believe folks on the Spanish speaking
lists will mind. (?) Speaking English on the call, IMO, is likely more
of a hurdle for some, I know speaking Spanish would be for me. That's a
different issue I suppose, but still, it does IMO help when the
invitation is direct.

What I can offer, and would greatly appreciate, is local marketing conference calls. We can use the existing confcall infrastructure if some group wants to have a talk in their language. I think besides working on a "global" marketing, the "local" marketing is equally important. Countries and habits differ, so exchanging on a local level in the native language is a real good idea.

Florian

--
Florian Effenberger <flo...@documentfoundation.org>
Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108