Here is the text I wrote for the thread on the "User's list". I did not see it here as well.
For Windows, I use doPDF, which places a "printer" in you printer list that "prints" to a PDF file.

I know that Linux may have a PDF printer option installed by default, but what little testing I have used for it, I find that I prefer to install CUPS-PDF printer and use it. It creates a better file name and has more print options, but it will only place the file in the "default" PDF folder.

I never heard of PDF-Redirect. I went to there site. I wonder what print options it has compared to doPDF and the non-free PDF995 and CutePDF? I have been using doPDF for years on Windows, since I was creating e-newsletter version of the printed ones back in the late 90's and early 00's. I never changed. When I went to Linux as my default desktop platform in Feb 2010, I looked for a good PDF printer. CUPS-PDF was the one that came up in the repository search.

So, there are many different ways to print a PDF file, internal-exporting and various PDF printers. You must try a few on your platform and choose which one is the beat for you.