Hello Marc,

Le Mon, 25 Nov 2013 05:28:16 -0500,
Marc Paré <m...@marcpare.com> a écrit :

> I would like to propose that we organize a yearly, and, official
> "Inform your local library of LibreOffice Documentation 'Month'"
> where we would enlist the help of our members/users into
> visiting/contacting their local libraries to make sure that there are
> copies of the latest LibreOffice docs on their shelves.
>
> If you think this to be a good idea, we could make sure that this
> monthly "event" would be scheduled yearly, posted on our events
> calendar as a "repeated event" so that it not be forgotten.
>
> I am just wondering if there are any foreseeable problems that we
> could avoid/fix if we were to initiate such a project?
>
> The calendar month would have to be strategically picked in order to
> maximize the probability of a library having the funds to purchase a
> set of docs for their shelves. For example in N.America, academic
> library budgets (public schools, colleges, universities) will run
> from June-May and most departments will get a notice that book
> acquisitions should be placed by end of the month of February-end of
> March; however most local public libraries budgets are based on the
> calendar year, and acquisitions are generally made throughout the
> year. IMO, in these cases, I would suggest the month of February or
> March would be good picks for this type of appeal.
>
> We would then use the month to collectively call on Libraries to
> purchase at least one copy of the set of LibreOffice docs for their
> shelves ... and hopefully a few more copies of the more popular
> modules such as Writer.
>
> Any ideas/comments? We would have enough time to prepare to pick the
> month to promote the push.

I'll be honest : I really have no idea about this field so I'll trust
you on that one. I had a comment though: do I get it right that the
purpose of such an event/campaign would be to spread guides about
LibreOffice? Or is it about spreading the word to librarians... or to
library users?

Thank you for this!
--
Charles-H. Schulz