Hi Tim

Le 2015-07-20 08:39, Tim---Kracked_P_P---webmaster a écrit :

>> Does this prevent you from uploading to our servers rather than the SF
>> servers? I seem to recall that you had some issues with uploading to
>> our servers.
>>
>> Marc
>>

> I went to SF when the new design of the LO download page "system"
> changed to where it pointed to my web page instead to the ISO version on
> the server.
>
> Then there was some issues with the "process" of uploading to one
> server, then someone had to move it to a different one or a different
> folder setup one that server.  Depending on how busy the "assigned
> admin" was, it could take days or weeks for the file to be placed onto
> the mirrors when the "push to mirrors" cycle came.  For SF, I knew that
> within an hour, or less, my ISO file[s] would be ready for downloading.
>
> Yes, sometimes it seems that I/users could use a better option then what
> SF is providing right now, with the last "downtime", but there seems to
> be no other free place where developers could place/host their "project"
> for free.  That really is true for files the size of a DVD ISO file.
>
> "They" are looking into the possibility of a return of having a place
> for DVD developers to have their work hosted on the server system and
> have a place within the download page[s] for a DVD ISO file to show up,
> or change the existing page to show the TDF hosted DVD files.
>
> We will see how that goes, in the future - near or not so near.
>
> With the several day "down time" of parts of SF system, I have had no
> downloads of the ISO file after the 15th.  At that point I had 105
> downloads from SF of my 4.4.4 version of the LO NA-DVD .iso file.
> [LibreOffice North American Community DVD project's 4.4.4 DVD .iso
> file]  On the 8th, I had 30 downloads listed in one day.  This shows
> that there are some users that still want the NA-DVD project to
> continue.  So I will continue it, as I can, when I can, how I can.

Thanks for the answer.

I wonder where the German DVD is uploaded? I thought it was uploaded to our servers.

Perhaps Charles could look into this? Is the German DVD being reposited on the TDF/LibreOffice servers?

IMO you serve quite an important part of the LibreOffice distribution network.

Marc

--
Marc Paré
m...@marcpare.com