Thanks for posting this, Mike. I do think a blog post would be worthwhile,
perhaps developing a theme of Microsoft abandoning the self-sovereign
desktop as we go - a theme I suspect several developments would fit into.

One small thought on the Mastodon posts. With no god-like Algorithm to
expose posts to new readers, we need to use hashtags in every post to make
sure things get read. Perhaps add in #FOSS #FLOSS #OpenSource
#SoftwareFreedom #Office for this one?

Cheers

Simon

On Mon, Sep 4, 2023 at 1:14 PM Mike Saunders <
mike.saund...@documentfoundation.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We just posted this:
>
> https://fosstodon.org/@libreoffice/111006775317460118
>
> https://twitter.com/LibreOffice/status/1698667799667769626
>
> Maybe it's worth doing a blog post / page on the site as well, to
> capture searches from people looking for WordPad
> replacements/alternatives. What do you think?
>
> --
> Mike Saunders, Marketing and Community Coordinator
> The Document Foundation
>
> --

*Simon Phipps*
*Office:* +1 (415) 683-7660 *or* +44 (238) 098 7027
*Signal/Telegram/Mobile*:  +44 774 776 2816