On 22 October 2014 12:38, Máirín Duffy <du...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> On 10/22/2014 01:42 PM, Joe Brockmeier wrote:
>
>> My feeling is that ThinkPads are sort of the informal go-to Fedora
>> laptop, but maybe that's just my bias/history showing.
>>

> I think that may be more historical now; I'm thinking we should pick
> hardware that appeals more to the target audience for workstation. So maybe
> some nice ultrabook? Looks like the Zenbook might fit the bill - it's
> pretty sleek and has a nice look.

OK I am showing my age, but ultrabooks do not fit my definition of
workstations. A workstation is something I am going to be sitting in front
of day in and day out 10 hours a day doing compiles and debugging. A
Zenbook is something that I wouldn't think of running anything cpu/ram
intensive on as it wouldn't have the cooling capacity to keep its brains
from frying. Or has the definition of workstation changed?

> ~m
>
> --

Stephen J Smoogen.