On 11/04/2015 06:25 AM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
On Tue, Nov 03, 2015 at 08:45:56PM +1000, Ryan Lerch wrote:
On 11/03/2015 04:31 PM, Ryan Lerch wrote:
Hi all,

As with f22, i have done up the more in-depth overview of some of the new
features in f23 workstation:

http://fedoramagazine.org/?p=10665&preview_id=10665&preview=true

can someone have an editorial look at it for me?

I started looking at the Cloud and Server ones, but i really don't have
enough knowledge in these areas to be able to do up a post like this --
anyone care to have a crack?

Also, other ideas for posts like this might cover the python3 everywhere
post. I also reached out to the KDE folks to see if they wanted to do a
post about what is new in KDE in f23 (not sure if that post went to thier
list properly or not, because i havent heard back). Also a post about the
new cinnamon spin might be a good idea too -- lots of screenshots of what
it looks like.

We also have jflory's updating to f23 post to go out post release as well.

Jumping offline now for a few hours, but will be back later to help keep
prepping for release day!

I assume we are all hanging out in #fedora-mktg to help co-ordinate our
publicity. Maybe we should set up a etherpad to to track a bit of a
checklist too...
I spun up a quick instance of etherpad we can use for today too (if we want
to)

http://etherpad-rlerch.rhcloud.com/p/f23-release-day
These were both really useful, thanks Ryan.

I completed all my tasks in the etherpad.  And all the posts have gone
out as planned.  Every sign so far is we're headed for a record day on
the Magazine!

Also, Patrick Uiterwijk did us a huge favor putting Varnish in place
on the Magazine.  Apparently the Wordpress instance hasn't even broken
a sweat serving several hundreds of requests a minute at some points
(it was over 18,000 reuqests within the first four hours).

Yeah, +1 from me to Patrick too -- he got that set up just a few hours before release for us and it really helped the release go smooth.

I gave Patrick a cookie for this, and if you want to give Patrick a cookie too, just say this in #fedora-mktg to grant him a cookie:

 puiterwijk++

cheers,
ryanlerch