Spain has produced a lot of courseware and educational curriculum for
elementary and secundary education. As far as college, I think it can
be done. OOoAthors, now ODF authors has a very good array of books
that can be easily transform into textbooks (with excercises, cases
and such).

Althought some more specialized type of education, like Finance and
Accounting with Calc, would need a bit more work.

However I like the book by Gabriell Gurley on more practical use of
OpenOffice.org
http://www.amazon.com/Conceptual-Guide-OpenOffice-org-Second/dp/0977899179

On 4/20/13, Frans Thamura <fr...@meruvian.org> wrote:
> i am working with education in Indonesia
>
> we use openoffice to education here.
>
> yes has been years, more than 8 years we never see ms.office
>
> the key is education material, and curriculums
>
> i love be part of this work.
>

> Frans Thamura
> Meruvian
> On Apr 20, 2013 9:06 PM, <goldf...@aol.in> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I feel OpenOffice has much more value than competing products.
>>
>> I find this very sad news: AICTE Makes Microsoft Office 365 Mandatory
>> For Technical Colleges In India!   -
>> http://www.efytimes.com/e1/fullnews.asp?edid=104544
>>
>> Could we please educate 'educational' institutions so that they have
>> more value, save money and hopeful give back to OO?
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Paul

Alexandro Colorado