Dear all,

here are some new publications of week 16/ 2008,
which haven't been announced on MARMAM earlier AFAIK.

By clicking the following link you are guided to
a website, where the following references are
linked to their according journal homepages.
There you can find abstracts and contact
information:
http://www.mmbib.com/news.php

Please do not contact MARMAM, the MARMAM editors or me for reprints. Thank you.

Thanks to all of you who sent in reprints to be
included in the weekly announcements.

Kindest Regards,
Jan Herrmann

CETACEA

Budge, S.M. et al. (2008):
Blubber fatty acid composition of bowhead whales,
Balaena mysticetus: Implications for diet
assessment and ecosystem monitoring.
Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology 359(1): 40-46.

Pringle, H. (2008):
Society for American Archaeology meeting. Signs of the first whale hunters.
Science 320(5873): 175.

Spinsanti, G. et al. (2008):
Selection of reliable reference genes for qRT-PCR
studies on cetacean fibroblast cultures exposed
to OCs, PBDEs, and 17beta-estradiol.
Aquatic Toxicology 87(3): 178-186.

PINNIPEDIA

Härkönen, T.J. et al. (2008):
Mass mortality in harbour seals and harbour
porpoises caused by an unknown pathogen.
The Veterinary Record 162(17): 555-556.

Rozengart, E.V. and N.E. Basova (2007):
Enzymological characteristic of the
cholinesterase from the caudate nucleus of the
Ladoga seal (Phoca hispida ladogensis) brain.
Doklady Biochemistry and Biophysics 416(1-6): 260-263.

Southwell, C. et al. (2008):
Uncommon or cryptic? Challenges in estimating
leopard seal abundance by conventional but
state-of-the-art methods.
Deep Sea Research Part I: Oceanographic Research Papers 55(4): 519-531.

OTHER MARINE MAMMALS

Stevens, H. et al. (2008):
Novel papillomavirus isolated from the oral
mucosa of a polar bear does not cluster with
other papillomaviruses of carnivores.
Veterinary Microbiology 129(1-2): 108-116.

--
--> jan.herrmann -at - cetacea.de