Aloha MARMAM Community-

If you are going to be at the Biennial Conference in Quebec, here is a
seal-ebration you don’t want to miss. It is going to be a Steller event and
electra-fying good time.  The music will be going from Dusky to dawn with a
DJ or two.  This will be a great opportunity for students to schmooze with
senior scientists, colleagues to recount embarrassing escapades in the
field, and, of course, everyone to practice their best dance moves before
the conference's closing party.  But if this isn't enough to motivate you to
attend this seal club, dolphin disco, sirenian soiree, (you get the
picture), then here is the best part.  It is all for a good cause.  It is a
fundraiser to help support student travel to the 2011 Biennial Conference.

There is a $10 CAD cover charge to get into the party and all proceeds will
be donated to the SMM student travel fund.  There will even be a brief
ceremony to hand the check over to our current SMM Student Rep.

Space is limited to around 250 people and we already have 90 people who have
RSVP'd.  We may have to turn people away from the door so if you want a
guaranteed spot on the dance floor register early.

How do you register early? Its quick and easy and completely safe and it
will also allow you to take the VIP lane into the club if there is a line.
Paste the following link into your web browser:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=7846679

Then click on the small continue button. If you don't already have a Paypal
account it is not necessary to set one up.

Remember these are donations, so it is the minimum we would like you to
contribute.  There are some nominal fees associated with Paypal and planning
this event but everything else is going to the students, so please give more
if you can.

Special note for students.  Any students who attend the ENTIRE Student
Affairs Workshop will receive a VIP pass that gets them into the event for
free.  However, we still encourage you to contribute to this good cause...
particularly if you have gotten a travel grant in the past.  Its good to
give back.

So, here is the information you need, but if you have additional questions
please contact us:  student.fundrai...@gmail.com

Start Time: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 at 8:00pm
End Time: Wednesday, October 14, 2009 at 3:00am
Location:         The Boudoir Lounge (www.boudoirlounge.com)
Street:         441 rue du Parvis
City/Town: Quebec, QC

 We made sure we picked a location that was close (.7 km). These are the
directions from the Convention Center:
1. Head southwest on Boulevard René Lévesque E toward Rue
Louis-Alexandre-Taschereau
2. Turn right at Rue St-Simon
3. Turn left at Rue St-Joachim
4. Turn right at Côte Ste-Genevieve
5. Turn left at D' Abraham Cote
6. Sharp right at Rue Saint-Vallier E
7. Turn left at Rue Du Parvis
The Boudoir Club will be on the right

Check us out on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/event.php?eid=126786851446&ref=ts

Please feel free to pass the word.  We hope to see you there and apologize
in advance to anyone who attends and has to present the next day.
Be safe and see you in Quebec.

Charles Littnan and Ari Friedlaender