Dear colleagues,

I am looking for published or unpublished records of inter-species calf 
kidnapping or adoption in marine mammals. I have a particular interest in 
associations between calf and adults of different species in delphinids. 
Indeed, several cases of spinner dolphin (Stenella longirostris) calf 
kidnapping or adoption were perpetrated by a Indo-Pacific humpback dolphin 
female in the lagoon of Mayotte (Mozambique Channel). I would be interested to 
know if other similar cases have been documented/observed in other areas, 
involving same or different species.

Many thanks. Please contact me ([email protected]) for any feedback.


Jeremy Kiszka



Jeremy Kiszka (PhD)
Institut de Recherche pour le Développement (IRD)
IRD-UMR 212 EME (Exploited Marine Ecosystems)&
Université de La Rochelle. Lab. LIENSS (Littoral, Environnement et Sociétés). 
UMR 6250 CNRS-Université de La Rochelle. 
Institut du Littoral et de l'Environnement. 2 rue Olympe de Gouge. 17000 La 
Rochelle. Tel.: +33 (0)5.46.50.76.48; GSM: +33 (0)6.81.43.20.09. Skype: 
jeremy.kiszka
_______________________________________________
MARMAM mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.uvic.ca/mailman/listinfo/marmam

Reply via email to