Hello everyone:

I understand there have been numerous inquiries as to when the transcript of
the panel discussion on captive killer whales, held at the SMM biennial
conference in Dunedin, New Zealand, would be posted on the SMM website. The
website, on the page with the questions submitted by conference registrants,
noted that a transcript would be posted and Doug Wartzok, the facilitator of
the discussion, announced from the podium the night of the event that the
discussion would be recorded and posted to the website.

In correspondence I have since had with Doug and Helene Marsh, I was told that
the board had made a decision after the conference not to post the transcript.
Having not seen any announcement of this decision on the website (which in
several places still promises the transcript), it seemed a general announcement
to MARMAM would be useful, to forestall future inquiries.

Please direct any questions to Doug Wartzok or Helene Marsh.

Naomi Rose

____________________________
[13_AWILogo_ONLY]

NAOMI A. ROSE, PH.D.
Marine Mammal Scientist

ANIMAL WELFARE INSTITUTE
900 Pennsylvania Ave., SE
Washington, DC 20003
na...@awionline.org<mailto:na...@awionline.org>
T: +1 202 446 2120 ~ F: +1 202 446 2131 ~ C: +1 240 401 4269
www.awionline.org<http://www.awionline.org/>

The Animal Welfare Institute is proud to be the only animal charity currently
rated A+ by the American Institute of Philanthropy. Please join us in our work
to protect animals – visit our website to find out more and to sign up for AWI
eAlerts:
www.awionline.org<http://capwiz.com/compassionindex/mlm/signup/?ignore_cookie=1>.

P  Please consider the animals and their habitat before printing.

<<inline: image001.jpg>>