Dear Colleagues,

I would be interested to know whether anyone is aware of measurements and might
be able to share information on the full spectral properties, including
frequencies below the center frequencies of the higher (120, 200 kHz etc)
signal components of a SIMRAD EK60 scientific echo sounder? We are interested
to assess the audibility of these signals to marine mammals and are aware of
the paper by Deng et al. 2014, measuring other types of commercial echo
sounders, but so far couldn't find similar data for the EK60. Any information
would be much appreciated (denise.ri...@sams.ac.uk).

Thanks very much.

Denise

Dr Denise Risch
Postdoctoral Research Associate
SAMS
Scottish Marine Institute
Oban, Argyll
Scotland, PA37 1QA

email: denise.ri...@sams.ac.uk
phone: +44 / (0) 1631  559415
mobile: +44 / (0) 7899 425935

The Scottish Association for Marine Science (SAMS) is registered in Scotland as
a Company Limited by Guarantee (SC009292) and is a registered charity (9206).
SAMS has two actively trading wholly owned subsidiary companies: SAMS Research
Services Ltd (SC224404) and SAMS Ltd (SC306912). All Companies in the group are
registered in Scotland and share a registered office at Scottish Marine
Institute, Oban Argyll PA37 1QA. The content of this message may contain
personal views which are not the views of SAMS unless specifically stated.
Please note that all email traffic is monitored for purposes of security and
spam filtering. As such individual emails may be examined in more detail.