From: LAMLA Workshop <>
Date: Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 10:15 AM
Subject: Acoustics Workshop at SOLAMAC, 26-27 November 2016, Valparaiso,

*2nd LAMLA Workshop at SOLAMAC*

“*Listening for Aquatic Mammals in Latin America*”

26-27 November 2016, Valparaiso, Chile

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to invite you to participate in the upcoming workshop "2nd
Listening for Aquatic Mammals in Latin America" (LAMLA) to be held prior to
the Latin American Society of Aquatic Mammal Experts (SOLAMAC) meeting in
Valparaiso, Chile on the 26th and 27th of November 2016.

Our aim is to bring together researchers, professionals, and students
working on bioacoustics to communicate their work, network and interact
with other researchers, and discuss directions for a coordinated regional
bioacoustics network and collaboration, essential to strengthen both the
scientific and conservation efforts on the species locally, nationally and

Please join us in order to:

·     assess the effort to study sounds from all aquatic mammal species
that occur in Latin America;

·     share scientific information and methodologies between research

·     enhance conservation efforts, locally and internationally;

·     define a platform for launching new partnerships, activities or

We would like to encourage anyone with interest in these studies in Latin
America to participate. Please, don't hesitate to forward this message to
colleagues or person you think interested but keep in mind* work has to be
conducted in Latin America*, no exceptions.

We strongly encourage any abstracts accepted for presentation at SOLAMAC
and that fit the scope of this workshop, to also be presented at LAMLA.

*Abstract submission: 17 October 2016.*

*Registration deadline: 24th October 2016.*

*Registration: *through the SOLAMAC website

(US$20 for students; US$50 for professionals).

*Abstract submission:*

For any further information, please contact us at A
detailed program will follow.

Looking forward to see you in Valparaiso!

Best wishes,

Organizing Committee
LAMLA Workshop - Listening for Aquatic Mammals in Latin America

Organizing Committee
LAMLA Workshop - Listening for Aquatic Mammals in Latin America
MARMAM mailing list