Dear Colleagues,

We are organizing a workshop on “Assessing the responses of marine mammals to
anthropogenic acoustic disturbance” at the SMM Conference in Halifax, Nova
Scotia, Canada on Saturday 28th October 2017. We will focus on four main
themes: 1) Baseline data and models, 2) Assessing individual responses to
anthropogenic sounds, 3) Modeling population-level and cumulative effects of
acoustic disturbance, 4) Application to best management practices. A summary of
the workshop and draft agenda can be provided upon request.

If your research would be relevant, and you are interested in participating,
there are still spaces available to give a 15-minute talk at the workshop.

Please let us know by 1st  September if you are interested. If you have any
questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Many thanks,
Helen Bailey (hbai...@umces.edu) and Aaron Rice (ar...@cornell.edu)

--
Aaron N. Rice, Ph.D.