MCERC is getting creative so that we can offer research assistant positions
in the Caribbean this winter. The hurricanes that passed through at the end
of last year have created a lot of challenges. The result is that we need
to be flexible.

We realize that some of you have been waiting for several years so that you
can join us as part of the research team. Here is your chance, and we are
trying to make this easy for more people to get experience over and above
the internship level.

First: internships are open for registration.These are one week field
intensive programs with a very structured curriculum. Only 4 people per
week may participate in the cetacean research. Spring Break week always
books quickly, and may not be available already, so please check the dates.
If the week is booked, the Education Hub will prevent you from trying to
register. Please visit the Education Hub for more details and to register
for the week you would like to attend. The link will be at the end of this
message.

For those of you who have at least a bachelor's degree in a related
science, you can now apply to join us as a research assistant in Samana
Bay, Dominican Republic for The Dominican republic Cetacean Research
Project! Here is how this will work for the 2018 season only:

Send your CV or resume and a letter of interest to nic...@marine-eco.org.
Indicate the weeks you would like to be an RA on this project between February
1 and April 30, 2018. We will be accepting more RAs this year because the
length of stay will vary depending on YOUR availability. This is our way of
dedicating our faculty to assuring you have an opportunity to get the
experience you need to participate in field research. You will be trained
as an integral part of our research team collecting field data on humpback
whales, sperm whales, beaked whales, pilot whales, and several species of
dolphins.

All RAs are required to contribute to their support and administrative
costs associated with the project. You will be responsible for getting
yourself to Samana Bay, Dominican Republic. We will provide information and
guidance for traveling to the field site, a place to sleep in the field
house, and food. The amount of your support will vary depending on your
length of stay and the particular weeks you are on the team as an RA. We
will let you know via email what that contribution will be for your time in
Samana Bay. That's it! Leave the rest to us.

Email as soon as possible if you are interested in one of these positions.
We will need to schedule those who are accepted as RAs very quickly as we
still hope to begin research effort at the beginning of February!

MCERC is a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing opportunities for
people to participate in research and education programs.

Thank you so much for your patience as we give our partners in the
Caribbean a chance to recover and get back in the swing of things!

www.Education.Marine-Eco.org <http://www.education.marine-eco.org/>
www.Marine-Eco.org
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.Marine-Eco.org%2F&h=ATMyuHbn_YqHYs4PAMGNsoldokdLPC8jYGK7gCAezbRsxRffzmctCgaylWVB7vtrsuFISIXuRUUavBg1Y32jB1E4lH6JkI1SVNUEJZ3krQohksJOo2ken-aejySWCqlnVE-8JXgRp0Dq76UsTh2rgkkujt0E50Cpglb5SP28JzbKGRtVVPgMKJWubKWb5sLLQYMh1SVH-iT9x334B1IC-RsX4mCP8aW3_MTsBeJDmM_omxHJIsdVhIYLCDaJKIAkgdBPmHLoxnnxqy8Qa7gNkCSQOG9Vo9A->

--
Cathy Bacon
Marine Mammal Biologist

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Cathy_Bacon