Dear MARMAMers,

This message is sent on behalf of Pedro Azevedo (Peter Whale Watching, Azores).
There is a Marine Biologist position available on Faial island, Azores:

Peter Whale Watching is currently searching for a Marine Biologist to work in
the Azores Islands from April to the end of September, during the Whale
Watching Season, to perform the following activities:

  *   Guidance of Whale Whatching expeditions
  *   Vending and coordination of other nature based activities
  *   Development of scientific research and implementation of sustainable
practices within the activities offered by the company
We are one of the first Azorean companies offering Whale Watching experiences
to the public and we are currently focused in optimizing the impact of our
activities at the social, environmental and scientific levels. With that aim in
mind we are currently searching for conscious professionals to collaborate with
the implementation of our vision, preserving and enabling the protection of the
beauty and the diversity of the Azoreans ecosystems.
The requirements for the current position are as follows:

  *   Academic background in Marine Biology (preferentially expertise in
Cetaceans)
  *   License to work on board (Carta de Marinheiro/PatrĂ£o Local or equivalent)
  *   Fluency in Portuguese and English
For further information or in case of interest you may reach us through the
following contacts:

  *   pedro.peterc...@outlook.com<mailto:pedro.peterc...@outlook.com>
  *   Pedro Azevedo: +351 916712298

Thank you,

Rebecca M Boys

ECS Student Representative
Marine Biologist at IMAR - Dept. Oceanography and Fisheries, University of the
Azores