Dear List Members,

This announcement is to let researchers know of the low-cost availability of
the 2018 version of Mysticetus marine mammal software meeting your survey
planning, data collection, and reporting requirements for scientific research
and academic studies.

 Mysticetus is modern, living software based on Windows – It is constantly
updated, maintained and supported by our engineering staff. We love getting new
feature ideas from you, our users. Mysticetus keeps up with the latest security
patches from Microsoft and Google so it works with all the latest tech.

Mysticetus provides a significant discount over our commercial mitigation
business licenses of only $75 USD per year. Our goal is to provide the
researcher/academic communities the benefit of readily affordable access to
Mysticetus software.

Planning, data gathering and aggregation, GIS, mapping, archival. We’re here to
help with any issues and technical guidance - eight years doing this, we *know*
marine mammal survey technology. Mysticetus is designed to standardize your
data collection and strip hours and hours from your data QA and analysis tasks
freeing you up for more important things like sleep.

Mysticetus researcher/academic features includes:
Vessel, aerial and theodolite support
You control of all sighting data - you pick field names, formats, colors
Automatic mapping of all (re)sightings, GPS track lines, geographic regions,
bathymetry, etc.
Automatic report generation slices and dices effort and sightings based on your
criteria
Hands-free data backup and recovery, including cloud
PAM and IR camera integration (via GeoJSON)
Data and reports can be exported to CSV, KML, SHP, MDB, Amazon S3
And much more…
Mysticetus has been used for 100’s of research surveys including:

Brown, M.W., Zani, M.A., Hamilton, P.K., Knowlton, A.R., and Kraus, S.D. 2016.
Research, Monitoring and Conservation of North Atlantic Right Whales in the Bay
of Fundy, the Waters South of Nova Scotia and Southern Gulf of St. Lawrence:
2015.

M.M. MacKay, B. Würsig, C.E. Bacon, and J.D. Selwyn. 2016. North Atlantic
humpback whale (*Megaptera novaeangliae*) hotspots defined by bathymetric
features off western Puerto Rico. Canadian Journal of Zoology 94(7):517-527,
10.1139/cjz-2015-0198

Lomac-MacNair, K.S., Smultea, M. A., Cotter, M. P., Thissen, C., Parker, L.
(2016). Socio-sexual and Probable Mating Behavior of Cook Inlet Beluga Whales,
Delphinapterus leucas, Observed from an Aircraft. Marine Fisheries Review
77(2), 32-39. doi: dx.doi.org/10.7755/MFR.77.2.2

 Di Clemente J., Christiansen F., Pirotta E., Steckler D., Wahlberg M., Pearson
H. C. (2018 in press). Effects of whale watching on the activity budgets of
humpback whales (Megaptera novaeangliae). Aquatic Conservation: Marine and
Freshwater Ecosystems

As mentioned earlier, Mysticetus also supports marine mammal mitigation
projects. Reach out to chat about that.

Mysticetus is found at https://mysticetus.com. Contact us at
resea...@mysticetus.com. Mysticetus has a growing community of researchers for
a reason. We’re happy to allow you to try before you buy.

Regards,

Paul Donlan

Mysticetus, LLC

https://mysticetus.com