Cetacean Research/Field Training in Comoros Islands, Indian Ocean
Moidjio C.R.C.A.D. (Centre for Research Conservation and Devolpment) and the
Marine Mammals Research Association (DMAD) are happy to announce the upcoming
cetacean research and field training in the Comoros Island, Indian Ocean. The
training is going to take place between 15th September 2018 and 15th October
2018. Joining our team of international researchers is a once in a lifetime
opportunity to gain important scientific, analysing and conservation skills in
the marine mammal research field.
Patners involved:
Moidjio C.R.C.A.D. is the host organisation and is a French/Comorian research
and conseration centre based in the Comoros islands. It primary aim is
conservation through science and help to the development of local initiatives
for the sustainable use of biodiversity. This translates by putting together
scientific programs on several taxa that will help to conserve ecosystems and
the incredible biodiversity of Comoros islands. Moidjio C.R.C.A.D. works on
marine mammals, marine turtles, costal environment, Livingstone bats, Lemurs,
tropical forests and sustainable agriculture. Our key species is the humpback
whales that migrate in the area for breeding and nursing, but we also focus on
other species such as False killer whales, Beaked whales, spinner dolphins and
pantropical spotted dolphins.The Marine Mammals Research Association (DMAD) was
founded in 2015 in Turkey, realising the important knowledge and conservation
gap on cetaceans and is conducting scientific research and conservation actions
in the Eastern Mediterranean and Adriatic Sea since then. We address questions
about marine mammals' abundance, distribution and behaviour, to define critical
habitats and investigate the impact of major threats. In addition to our
research effort, our attention also focuses on the promotion and implementation
of awareness initiatives targeted at the local communities particularly youth.

Training We will provide lectures, workshops and fieldwork training in:*
Observation and identification of various cetacean species*       Abundance and
distribution of cetaceans*       Behavioural observations*       Acoustics
using PAMGuard and Raven Pro.*       Photo-ID and Discovery software*
Scientific data analysis*       ArcGIS mapping software*       Theodolite
operation
Accomodation & Facilities
Basic accommodation in the village of Chindini and local food prepared by our
own Comorian cook, are included in the participation fee. Volunteers will have
a bed in a shared room with access to a communal kitchen and bathroom.
The place is located in Chindini village in the South of Grande Comore. There
are plenty of outdoor activities to choose such us hiking, snorkling, lying on
sandy beaches and birdwatching. On the weekends, you will have free time to
travel across the country and visit the nearby attractions.

Project FeeThe project partcipation fee is 900 pound/month which includes:*
    Accommodation*         Food (3 meals a day) only local food.*
Entire trainings*         Field work*         Use of the equipments*
Project related transportation within the country*         Development village
fee.
Not included in the fee is:*         Transportation to/from Comoros Islands*
     Off programs activities.*         Visa (30 Euros on arrival)*         All
participants should have health and/or travel insurance*** Certificate of
Participation will be provided after the training.
How to ApplyPlease send your CV and cover letter to  akkayaayl...@gmail.com,
and explain the reasons why you would be the perfect asset for our team of
researchers and which goals you hope to achieve with us! If you wish to have
more info about the work of the researchers follow us
here:www.dmad.org.trhttps://www.linkedin.com/in/benjamin-wambergue-7baa8b44/?locale=en_UShttps://www.instagram.com/marinemammalsresearch_dmad/?hl=trhttps://www.facebook.com/DMADforNature/
      DMADforNAture