Dear Colleagues,

It is with sadness that I write regarding the sudden recent death of our
colleague Dr. Jeanette Thomas. To quote another colleague, Jeanette had much
energy, sympathy, and intellectual, administrative, and personal strength. She
will be greatly missed.

A brief announcement of Jeanette’s death is on the WIU web site:
http://www.wiu.edu/news/newsrelease.php?release_id=15673
<http://www.wiu.edu/news/newsrelease.php?release_id=15673>

Aquatic Mammals journal will include a Tribute to Jeanette in our next issue
(44.5, to be published online on September 15, 2018).
The editorial team at Aquatic Mammals will coordinate with her colleagues at
WIU and her family for a biographical tribute to Jeanette. Following this essay
about her life, we would like to include tributes from any colleague who would
like to share a memory about Jeanette, thoughts about their interactions (as
student, colleague, friend) with her, and/or thought(s) about what Jeanette
contributed to the field of marine mammal science. We will include your tribute
with your name and affiliation (as you provide it).

To be included in this Tribute to be published on September 15, the journal
needs to receive your comments, thoughts, memory’s by August 21st. Tributes
received after August 21st will be included in a supplemental file online that
will be linked back to the published tribute. If possible, please keep your
tributes to ~1000 words (longer tributes may be included in the online
supplemental file).

Please send your tributes to the journal by email
<busin...@aquaticmammalsjournal.org>

We will celebrate Jeanette’s vibrant attitude toward life and her significant
contributions to our field of study and also to our lives. My career is much
better and more diverse for not only having known Jeanette but also for having
had the opportunity to work with her.

Thank you.
Best
Kathleen

Kathleen M. Dudzinski, Ph.D.
Editor, Aquatic Mammals Journal
aquaticmamm...@gmail.com

www.aquaticmammalsjournal.org

to submit a manuscript, visit our:
Manuscript Fast track web site at
http://am.expressacademic.org/actions/author.php

Mailing: P.O. Box 7485, Port St. Lucie, FL 34985