Dear Marmamers,

The 2019 World Whale Conference hosted by Fraser Coast Tourism and Events
<https://www.fcte.com.au/> and the World Cetacean Alliance
<http://worldcetaceanalliance.org/> will be in Hervey Bay, in Queensland,
Australia, 8-11 October. The theme for this year's conference is* ‘Journeys
that Inspire Change’.*

Together, and using the latest knowledge on scientific research,
conservation, tourism and cultural heritage, we will explore how our links
with whales can drive positive change. We will examine how the incredible
migrations of whales are fostering new local, national and international
partnerships with the human communities with which these incredible animals
will ultimately depend for their very future.

Are you part of a project leading the way in marine mammal research, marine
conservation, community engagement or sustainable development? We would
like to hear from you! We are particularly keen to see and spread the word
about successful, small-scale efforts and projects with the potential to be
replicated nationally or internationally.

We welcome you to submit an abstract via our submissions link. There are
different methods of submitting your material and submissions are open to
all. There is even an option for those unable to attend! Please read
further for specific details.

This year WWC is focusing on the theme *‘Journeys that Inspire Change’ *and
will cover four main topics:

*1.*       *Understanding whale migrations and their significance for
marine conservation*

*2.*       *Promoting sustainable whale and dolphin tourism for tourists
and local communities*

*3.*       *Exploring our cultural and artistic connections with migrating
whales*

*4.*       *Maximising the power of cetaceans to inspire positive human
behaviour change to protect our oceans*

Participants wishing to submit an abstract have four methods to choose from:

1.       Oral Presentation *(15mins)*

2.       Speed Talk (4mins)

3.       Electronic Poster Presentation

4.       Remote Video Presentation

*(This option allows those unable to attend the conference an opportunity
to still contribute. Accepted presentations will also be eligible for the
Whale Conservation and Heritage Awards)*

We encourage you to head over to the website and complete the submissions
form, which provides all the information you need to know:
https://www.worldwhaleconference.com/Conference/Speakers/Abstract-Submission

Following this a selection of awards will be presented relating to each
theme. Your submission allows you the opportunity to be entered into the
Whale Conservation and Heritage Awards, which seek to recognise and
encourage excellence across the fields of conservation, animal welfare,
community engagement and sustainable practices.

*Submissions are open for entry from individuals or organisations, amateurs
and professionals worldwide. *

*Award Categories*

*Inspiring Change Award*

*Responsible Whale and Dolphin Tourism Award*

*Whales & Dolphins in the Heart of the Community Award*

*Innovation for Cetacean Conservation Award*

*Please find out more details about our award categories here: *
*https://www.worldwhaleconference.com/Whale-Conservation-and-Heritage-Awards*
<https://www.worldwhaleconference.com/Whale-Conservation-and-Heritage-Awards>

We are excited to receive an audience of representatives from tourist
destinations, international institutions and the private sector, along with
global experts in tourism, sustainability, the arts, marine conservation,
scientific research and commercial whale watching – all coming together to
share knowledge, inspiration and *Journeys that Inspire Change!*

*We hope you can be a part of it!*

Regards,

*Dylan Walker *Chief Executive Officer

*World Cetacean Alliance*
Studio 3, Lower Promenade
Madeira Drive, Brighton, BN2 1ET, UK.
t: +44 (0) 1273 355011
c: +44 (0) 7900 471490
e: dy...@worldcetaceanalliance.org <sophie.le...@worldcetaceanalliance.org>

The World Cetacean Alliance (WCA) is a Partnership of over 100
organisations and individuals in 40 countries worldwide working
collaboratively to protect cetaceans and their habitats. World Cetacean
Alliance, the Secretariat to the Partnership, is a UK registered Charity
no. 1160484.

The content of this e-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual
or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received this communication
in error, be aware that forwarding it, copying it, or in any way disclosing
its content to any other person, is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the author by replying
to this e-mail immediately.

Please consider the environment before printing this email or it's
attachments.