My co-authors and I are happy to share our new publication:

Burnham, R.E., Duffus, D.A., Mouy, X. 2019. The presence of large whale
species in Clayoquot Sound and its offshore waters. Continental Shelf
Research. 177: 15-23
https://doi.org/10.1016/j.csr.2019.03.004

Abstract:
Large whale populations in the northeast Pacific were severely reduced by
whaling, with many showing limited recovery. Their use of offshore waters
and limited knowledge of life histories has hindered studies focused on
estimating population numbers and mapping habitat use. Acoustic
recordings, using vocalizations as a marker of whale presence, may be the
first step in re-establishing baseline knowledge of species presence over
time and space. Recordings from both stationary and mobile platforms,
covering waters from coastal to shelf-break and offshore waters, show
spatial segregation in the dominant species recorded. Inshore recordings
are dominated by more coastally-focused species, whereas fin (Balaenoptera
physalus) blue (Balaenoptera musculus) and sperm whales (Physeter
macrocephalus) are primarily heard in the shelf-break zones. Calls
tentatively described for sei whales (Balaenoptera borealis) are also
noted. Calls matching those previously described to these species as
breeding and foraging calls were found. Acoustic monitoring surveys like
this study are needed to better map presence and habitat use of these rare
and endangered species, ultimately leading to the identification and
protection of areas important to population recovery.

The publication is available here:
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0278434318304412?via%3Dihub
or I am happy to provide a PDF

Thanks