'Keep On Gramping 2'

Calling all of those interested in Risso's dolphins. Nova Atlantis and WDC are
hosting a Risso's dolphin workshop at the World Marine Mammal Conference in
Barcelona and invite anyone with an interest to sign-up and come along!

The workshop is intended to be relatively small, to allow for discussion, and
will be held in the Centre de Convencions Internacional de Barcelona from
1.30pm - 5.30pm on the 7th December 2019.

Background to the Workshop
Following on from our 'Keep on Gramping' workshop held in 2012 at the 26th ECS
Conference in Galway, 'Keep on Gramping 2' aims to bring together Risso's
researchers from around the world to find out what we've collectively learnt
over the past seven years and to ultimately help further our knowledge and
understanding of this little-known and lesser-studied species. We want to share
new breakthroughs, new discoveries and old allegiances, and for the workshop to
be a driving force in understanding how this charismatic species are faring in
a changing world. We're looking to showcase a series of presentations focusing
on different areas of Risso's dolphin research, from their social structure and
their genetic make-up, their health status and their habitat use to effective
conservation and management measures. This will be followed by an interactive
discussion as to how we can help each other get the most out of our study
subjects and ensure we are striving to do the best we can to ensure the future
conservation of Risso's dolphins around the world.

The anticipated outcome is for a 'Special Conference Proceedings' publication,
and although the Workshop will predominantly be directed towards all scientists
and conservationists, either researching or working to protect Risso's dolphins
throughout their range, we anticipate that our species-specific focus will be
of interest and use to a wide diversity of people.

Please feel free to email us if you have any questions or are interested in
showcasing your own Risso's research -
oceanwa...@gmail.com<mailto:oceanwa...@gmail.com>  /
nicola.hodg...@whales.org<mailto:nicola.hodg...@whales.org> and we hope to see
you in Barcelona!

Nicola Hodgins

Telephone: +44 (0)1249 449 537

WDC, Whale and Dolphin Conservation
Brookfield House
38 St Paul Street
Chippenham
Wiltshire
SN15 1LJ
United Kingdom
whales.org<http://whales.org>

[WDC - Protecting Whales and Dolphins for over 30 years]<https://whales.org/>

[WDC on Facebook]<https://www.facebook.com/whalesorg> [WDC on Twitter]
<https://www.twitter.com/whalesorg>  [WDC on Instagram]
<https://www.instagram.com/whalesorg>  [WDC on YouTube]
<https://www.youtube.com/whalesorg>  [WDC News and Blogs]
<https://uk.whales.org/category/news/>  [WDC E-Newsletter]
<https://uk.whales.org/newsletter/>            [Registered with Fundraising
Regulator] <https://www.fundraisingregulator.org.uk/>

[https://secure.whales.org/secure/images/ESM/CampaignImages/UK/UKNZExtinction.png]<https://uk.whales.org/our-4-goals/prevent-deaths-in-nets/sign-the-petition-save-new-zealand-dolphins-from-extinction/>

Whale and Dolphin Conservation ("WDC") is a company registered in England and
Wales (No. 02737421) and a registered charity (in England and Wales No.
1014705, in Scotland No. SC040231)
WDC Shop is a trading name of WDC (Trading) Ltd, a company registered in
England and Wales (No. 02593116)
Registered office : Brookfield House, 38 St. Paul Street, Chippenham,
Wiltshire, SN15 1LJ.  Tel: +44 (0)1249 449 500
This message is private and confidential.  If you have received this message in
error, please notify us and remove it from your system.