Dear Colleagues,
On behalf of my co-authors I would like to share the recent publication of
the following letter:
Denise Risch, Susannah Calderan, Russell Leaper, Lindy Weilgart, Stefanie
Werner,
"Current Knowledge Already Justifies Underwater Noise Reduction",
in which we discuss management  of anthropogenic underwater noise impacts
on marine mammals, and other marine species and ecosystems.

We argue that in many circumstances engineering solutions that will greatly
reduce risk to individuals and populations of marine mammals and other
species already exist, and that their application may be the best use of
resources in addressing anthropogenic sound on an ecosystem scale.

Trends in Ecology & Evolution,
https://authors.elsevier.com/a/1cPKPcZ3Wn%7E9u

Best wishes,
Denise