Dear Researcher,

We are contacting you in the hope that you might have acoustic tag data that
might be used for estimating acoustic cue rates, i.e. the number of sounds of
interest produced per unit time, of marine mammals. If you do have such data
and have not yet been approached by us, please give us a few extra minutes of
your time and fill in this google form about it:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSelX2lQea1z56N5Tz41bUMw6jjQaPDCl5-5scRT8IWTLVQanA/viewform?usp=sf_link

No more than 3 minutes are anticipated to be needed to do so.

If you want to know why we are asking for that information, please waste 2 more
minutes reading this message to the end. Maybe we will end up working together!

We are writing to you within the realms of the ACCURATE project - ACoustic CUe
RATEs for passive acoustics density estimation. ACCURATE is a 5 year project
supported by the US Navy's Living Marine Resources program
(https://www.navfac.navy.mil/navfac_worldwide/specialty_centers/exwc/products_and_services/ev/lmr.html),
 with the purpose of learning about acoustic cue production rates to inform
passive acoustic density estimation. The project does not include dedicated
data collection and therefore relies on multiple data providers. Several data
providers have been identified and are already feeding us data. More about the
project can be found on this landing page:

https://www.researchgate.net/project/ACCURATE-ACoustic-CUe-RATEs-for-passive-acoustics-density-estimation

We already have a number of people providing us with data to look at different
aspects of marine mammal sound production. Nonetheless, within the project we
are interested in knowing about any and all tag data that might have been
collected on any marine mammal species that could convey information about
acoustic production of sounds that might be used for passive acoustic density
estimation. We are reviewing the state of the art on marine mammal  acoustic
cue production and hence would like to compile a database of tags and
associated metadata, like date, location, species, etc. We are doing so with
the double objective of (1) having a searchable record of the tags available
and (2) identifying possible tagging efforts that we could use within ACCURATE.

Sorry for the general email even if someone on the (quite large ACCURATE) team
might know you personally. This was just an efficient way to get to many people
with a consistent message.

Looking forward to hear from you on behalf of the ACCURATE team,

Tiago A. Marques

PS - I am the principal investigator on ACCURATE and the contact to use for any
enquiries regarding the project is tiago.marques at st-andrews.ac.uk

Tiago André Marques
email (St Andrews): tiago.marques at st.andrews.ac.uk
email (FCUL): tamarques at ciencias.ulisboa.pt
email (personal): tiagoandremarques at gmail.com
Mobile (personal): 00351919651628
Twitter: @TiagoALOMarques
Skype: talomar
Google Scholar SHqH7fMAAAAJ
ORCID 0000-0002-2581-1972
ResearcherID A-5530-2010
Scopus ID 6603703024
University of St Andrews
Senior Research Fellow
School of Mathematics and Statistics
Centre for Research into Ecological and Environmental Modelling
The Observatory, Buchanan Gardens, St Andrews, Fife, KY16 9LZ, Scotland
Phone: 00441334461842
Fax: 00441334461800
The University of St Andrews is a charity registered in Scotland : No SC013532
http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/profile/tam2
Universidade de Lisboa
Professor Auxiliar Convidado
Departamento de Biologia Animal
Centro de Estatística e Aplicações
Faculdade de Ciências da Universidade de Lisboa
Bloco C6, Piso 4, Campo Grande, 1749-016 Lisboa, PORTUGAL
FCUL: 00351217500170 (my usual office)
https://ciencias.ulisboa.pt/pt/perfil/tamarques