Dear Marine Mammal Community,

We are pleased to announce that we have rescheduled the 9th International
Workshop on Detection, Classification, Localization and Density Estimation
(DCLDE) of Marine Mammals using Passive Acoustics. The workshop will now be
held in Waikiki on the island of Oahu, Hawaii, 7-11 March 2022. The website
<http://www.soest.hawaii.edu/ore/dclde/> has been updated to reflect the
new dates and location, including abstract submission and registration
dates.  We will continue to provide updates there as they become available,
including details about virtual participation.

The workshop dataset features 47 days of passive acoustic data collected
using a multi-channel towed hydrophone array from a large-scale cetacean
survey in Hawaii. Details and download instructions for the dataset are
available at http://www.soest.hawaii.edu/ore/dclde/dataset/. We strongly
encourage those interested in participating in DCLDE 2022 to develop and
test methods using this dataset, and/or to work with prior workshop
datasets (links are available on the DCLDE 2022 website).

We've set up a forum (http://www.soest.hawaii.edu/ore/dclde/forum/) to
facilitate open discussion and collaboration on the workshop dataset(s), as
well as to answer your questions. You may also direct questions to us as
dclde2...@gmail.com.

Best regards,
Erin Oleson and Eva-Marie Nosal

DLCDE 2022 Oahu Co-chairs

--

*Erin Oleson, PhD*
*Leader*, Cetacean Research Program

*Get outside with a virtual scroll through the Story Map of our ongoing
project!- The Mariana Archipelago Cetacean Survey <https://arcg.is/1KaPaW>!*
<http://www.pifsc.noaa.gov/cetacean>