Job Posting: Research Manager for Pacific Whale Foundation (Maui, USA)

The research department at Pacific Whale Foundation is recruiting for the newly
created position of Research Manager, to report directly to our Chief
Scientist, Jens Currie.

Pacific Whale Foundation is a 501c(3) non-profit dedicated to protecting the
ocean through science and advocacy and inspiring environmental stewardship. Our
researchers have studied whales and dolphins throughout the Pacific for over 40
years and currently conduct projects in Hawaii, Australia, and Ecuador. The
long-term goal of our research program is to identify and assess major threats
to whales and dolphins around the world and develop science-based solutions to
mitigate these problems.

The Research Manager is responsible for coordinating multiple research projects
in support of the Foundation's strategic plan, providing administrative support
to the research program, and acting as staff supervisor for the Hawaii research
team. This position is based at the PWF headquarters in Maui, Hawai’i.

The Research Manager is expected to manage research projects with different
stakeholders that contain varied timelines and deliverables. A list of
responsibilities and information about how to apply can be found on our website
here<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2F1.adp.com%2FeJ8YVIecvzK&data=04%7C01%7CJensCurrie%40pacificwhale.org%7Cd347b0b6d5994e10ac7408d9636a264c%7C394a8e14fbee40149cab274abbd988cf%7C0%7C0%7C637650129818999943%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=n%2FD8h7aXsVwbiblge1XOJbaegejvFYtEl990FWqRR48%3D&reserved=0>.

Applications will only be accepted through the above link; no phone calls or
drop-ins please. Applicants must be citizens of the United States of America or
have a current authorization to work in the USA.

To read more about Pacific Whale Foundation's research, visit our website
https://www.pacificwhale.org/research/<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pacificwhale.org%2Fresearch%2F&data=04%7C01%7CJensCurrie%40pacificwhale.org%7Cd347b0b6d5994e10ac7408d9636a264c%7C394a8e14fbee40149cab274abbd988cf%7C0%7C0%7C637650129818999943%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=HSy40ZWy%2FJ%2FPHjorkNy0np%2F9QwssOWHcoXYXeJKEITs%3D&reserved=0>

Closing Date: September 20, 2021.

The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the
general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this
classification.  It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory, or
all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this
job.  Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this
description at any time.  Pacific Whale Foundation is an Equal Opportunity
Employer in support of efforts to increase diversity, inclusion, and the
participation and advancement of women and underrepresented individuals in
STEM.  Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.

Jens Currie

Chief Scientist - Domestic Research Program

Pacific Whale Foundation

300 Ma'alaea Rd., Suite 211

Wailuku, HI 96793

Cell: 808-990-5544

Fax: 808-856-8363

Email:  jenscur...@pacificwhale.org

[cid:effb5b6e-7793-4d71-9c9f-25863d43dc42]