“On the road to sustainability: Do marine renewables impact marine mammals?”

Join The Pod welcomes you on Friday, the 25th of February, at 12.00pm
(noon) GMT, once again live on Youtube!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GW2hnGcws9s

In this episode, we will focus on the theme of marine renewable energies
and their potential impacts on our favourite creatures.

Our three wonderful guests will tell you all about it:

- Dr. Joseph Onoufriou (University of the Highlands and Islands): “The
impact of marine renewable energy on marine mammals: current state of
knowledge and a case study in the tidal energy industry”.

- Dr. Nicholas Horne (Queen’s University Belfast & Centre for Advanced
Sustainable Energy): “Simulating collision risks for tidal energy convertors
”.

- Dr. Katherine Whyte (Biomathematics and Statistics Scotland, Sea Mammal
Research Unit & University of St Andrews): “Under the surface: tracking
seals around offshore wind farms”.

- Q&A session

As always, you will be able to ask questions in the chat box throughout the
webinar and we will keep some time at the end to answer as many of them as
possible.

We are looking forward to welcoming you for this very instructive episode!
Massive thanks to our guests, who are currently preparing an amazing
episode for you all.

And don't forget you can subscribe to the mailing list here:
jointhepodseminars.wixsite.com/jointhepod
<http://www.jointhepodseminars.wixsite.com/jointhepod> and on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC625JyiWKMvTSLwCjciM6Ig to stay tuned
about our upcoming monthly episodes!

See you soon,

The Pod - Fiona Cummins, María Pérez Tadeo, Morgane Pommier, Joanne O'Brien
& Cynthia Barile
*Cynthia Barile **(she/her)*
*PhD candidate | MMO & PAM operator*
Marine and Freshwater Research Centre
Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology | Galway, Ireland
[image: Twitter icon] <https://twitter.com/cynthia_barile>  @cynthia_barile |
Science communicator Join the Pod Webinars
<https://jointhepodseminars.wixsite.com/jointhepod/season-1-marine-mammals>