The Elakha Alliance is hiring an Executive Director. Here is a the link to the
full position
description<https://www.elakhaalliance.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/Elakha-Executive-Director-Job-Announcement-4-15-22.pdf>
 and a quick summary:

The Elakha Alliance (www.elakhaalliance.org<http://www.elakhaalliance.org>) is
an Oregon-based nonprofit that includes conservationists, academics, lawyers,
tribal members, and scientists. The Elakha Alliance’s mission is to restore a
healthy population of sea otters (Enhydra lutris) to the Oregon coast, and to
thereby make Oregon's marine and coastal ecosystem more robust and resilient.

To help the Elakha Alliance achieve this goal, we seek an entrepreneurial,
strategic thinking individual with excellent communication skills. The
individual must be adaptable, and able to respond positively to opportunities
and changing circumstances. The individual also must be an affable and outgoing
“team player” who will reinforce Elakha’s collaborative leadership style and
motivate others within and outside the organization to embrace our shared
vision. The E.D. will be expected to work closely and collaboratively with the
Board President as duties transition, while also working with the Board of
Directors as a whole, Elakha scientific advisors, the Elakha External Advisory
Council, interested Tribes, and Elakha employees and contractors.

Compensation and Benefits: Starting salary range is $90-$110K, negotiable based
on qualifications and experience. Starting Health Care stipend of $400 per
month. Generous vacation and wellness benefits.

How to Apply and the Selection Process:
Please submit a resume and a cover letter.
The cover letter should address:
● What motivated you to apply for Elakha’s E.D. position
● How your skills and experience match up with Elakha’s needs
● How your skills and experience match up with specific responsibilities of the
position
● The date you could commence working

Submit your materials to Elakha’s strategic advisor, Jonathan Poisner
(jonat...@elakhaalliance.org<mailto:jonat...@elakhaalliance.org>). Review of
applications will begin on May 15, 2022. Finalists will be interviewed by the
Search Committee. The search will remain open until the position is filled.

Katie Russell (she/her/hers)
Master of Environmental Studies Student | University of Oregon
Board Member | The Elakha Alliance
Board Secretary | National Network of Ocean and Climate Interpretation
 kruss...@uoregon.edu<mailto:kruss...@uoregon.edu> | (650) 465-1796

“Being the people of this blue planet is our most
Profound privilege and power,
For if we be the ocean’s saviors,
Then it is surely ours.”

  *   Amanda Gorman, Ode To Our Ocean