Dear MARMAM subscribers,

My co-authors and I would like to share our short note recently published
in *Aquatic Mammals:*

Quigley, B.M., Speakman, T.R., Balmer, B.C., Europe, H.M., Gorgone, A.M.,
Rowles, T.K., Sinclair, C., Zolman, E.S., Schwacke, L.H. (2022).
Observations of a benthic foraging behavior used by common bottlenose
dolphins (*Tursiops truncatus*) in Barataria Basin, Louisiana, USA. *Aquatic
Mammals 48*(2), 159-166. https://doi.org/10.1578/AM.48.2.2022.159

This publication is open access and can be downloaded for free at this link:
Aquatic Mammals - Quigley et al.
<https://www.aquaticmammalsjournal.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2188:observations-of-a-benthic-foraging-behavior-used-by-common-bottlenose-dolphins-tursiops-truncatus-in-barataria-basin-louisiana-usa&catid=206&Itemid=326>

behavior during which common bottlenose dolphins (*Tursiops truncatus*)
presumably forage for prey in the bottom sediment of the Barataria Basin.
We describe this behavior based on observations collected over nearly 10
years using multiple sampling methods, including boat-based photo-ID
efforts and images collected via an Unoccupied Aerial System (UAS). We also
compare drilling to similar foraging techniques observed in other regions
and discuss some potential concerns related to the conservation of this
population.

We hope you all enjoy reading it!

Sincerely,
Brian Quigley